First place, baby! What a thrill fall ball is! Once All Stars was over Kaleb still wanted to play baseball so Rusty and I looked online to see if there were try outs for any area teams. Deep East Texas (DETBA) is our area's Fall Ball Association. We found that the president of DETBA was having try outs for a 9 and under team. Kaleb said he wanted to try out so off we went. The coach already had 5 players so there were only 6 spots left. I think like 31 kids tried out over several days and Kaleb got selected. We were so proud of him. When the coach called he said that he could tell Kaleb was a "good kid". That pleased me more than if he'd said he was a great athlete. He said he could tell that Kaleb was coachable. Kaleb is like a sponge when it comes to learning about baseball. He loves it and really pays attention so he can do his best. The coach asked that we put Kaleb in pitching and hitting lessons, which we have done. Kaleb works with a super coach and has already come a long way.
Soooo his team is called the East Texas Dirt Daubers. There are players from Henderson, Longview, Carthage, Kilgore, Harleton, and I think Gladewater. We played our first game on Saturday in a tournament. We ended up winning the tournament undefeated! It was so exciting. This is a whole new game b/c it's kid pitch and you can steal bases. It makes me a wreck watching them steal bases. Kaleb stole home in one of the games and we were down 2 outs. I was so afraid he'd get tagged out and leave guys on base. But he was safe. I'm going to have an ulcer before the season is over!! Kaleb is having a blast. He has such wonderful coaches who never yell - they are very encouraging and are so knowledgeable about baseball. We really prayed about Kaleb trying out for this team and I am so thankful God allowed us to be a part of it. I could not ask for better coaches or teammates for Kaleb.
Here's a picture of my sweet boy with his first place trophy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment