Today I spent some time working in my classroom. I'll try to post some pictures of it tomorrow. I don't want to take pictures until I'm through. It's looking so good. I hung curtains today and put out a super cute rug. I teach Fine Arts (art, music, and theatre) to kindergarten through 5th graders. This is my 2nd year to teach here in Harleton. I taught first grade before we started our family. Then I stayed home for 11 years. Now I'm back in the work force and I love my job. My classroom is actually connected to our PE room. We're not connected to the main building. Our building used to be the old Ag building back in the day. My classroom was the Ag classroom and the old Ag workshop is now the PE room. I have a large room with a huge storage closet that I love. It was quite a mess when I took over but it's looking really good. The PE coach and I kind of team teach. We divide each grade (about 50 kids per grade) into two groups. Each day the kids come to the gym and then one group stays with the PE coach and the other group comes to my classroom. Then we switch. It works out great. And during the Fall the coach helps me with my programs (each grade level puts on a program in the fall) and in the Spring I help him with Field Day. We're both real accommodating of the other so it works out perfect. I can't wait to show you how good my room looks. I'm hoping to have it finished tomorrow - which will put me way ahead of schedule!
CHANGING THE SUBJECT - I FORGOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING FUNNY...
Oh - I forgot to tell you what funny thing we did! I have a good friend who's birthday was Sunday. Well, I realized on Monday that I forgot her birthday. There's a group of us girls who run around together and I emailed them and said we forgot!! So we wanted to do something extra special because we forgot. I felt especially bad because my birthday was last and they came to one of Kaleb's ball games and brought me an awesome digital camera all wrapped up. It was such a thoughtful gift and I loved that they were at the game. Sooo we decided to send her a singing telegram! Isn't that hilarious! Who knew they even still had people to do it that. One of the girls found this lady to go to Keli's work and sing to her. Keli sent us an email later in the day with title "Y'all are toast!" She said this older woman dressed in a sequin vest showed up at her office wanting to speak to her. She goes over there and this woman starts singing Happy Birthday and 3 other songs! She even made up a song about us forgetting her birthday
and how we just love her and want her birthday to be special. Keli said the lady was dancing and waving her arms and stuff. Keli also said she (Keli) was so humiliated. That made it so much better because Keli is the worst about embarrassing us. She has made me want to crawl under a table on more than one occasion so it was just great that she got embarrassed. I didn't think it was possible to do that to her. Of course she said she's gonna love getting us back. We'll all be sleeping with one eye open!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love reading your blog! & I cannot believe you did the to Keli! She is sooo going to get you guys back! I cant wait to read the blog where you tell what she did to you!! haha. Im thinking about starting my own blog. Well I will talk to you later :)
Post a Comment