Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Community Wide Egg Hunt











About 5 years ago Lori and I decided to put together a HUGE egg hunt for our community as a way to share the gospel. It was a great success and has continued each year. We hide over 3,000 eggs, have booths, a huge inflatable obstacle course, and have 6 different age group hunts. We have music and a gospel presentation before the hunt (so everyone will hear) and we give away door prizes and lots of prize eggs. This year the grand prize was an Apple Ipod Touch. The prizes range from a free pizza at Wright Bros. to a Slip n Slide to gift cards. Its a big deal and we have several 100 people come each year. This was my first year not to head it up. Kandis took over but I bought all the prizes and was still very involved. It is so neat to see people hear the gospel that don't go to church. I love it. Benjamin found 3 prize eggs! I could not believe it. Kaleb found one prize egg and Matthew searched and searched but came up empty handed. No one claimed the baseball cards (which is what Matthew soooo wanted) and since we bought them as a donation I let him have them. So everyone was happy. Benjamin was so sweet because as soon as he realized that Matthew didn't have a prize egg he gave him one of his.

No comments: