Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dying Easter Eggs
















Of course we had to dye Easter eggs! My poor boys will have to dye eggs when they are in college because I love it and don't do anything alone. Rusty was happy to pass the egg dying - Christmas cookie baking torch to the boys once they were old enough to have fun with me. I always save undecorated Christmas cookies and undyed eggs for Rusty to decorate but he never does them. Every once in a while he'll do a Texas longhorn one so we'll leave him alone. This year we decided not to add water to the dye and it was so much better! I had no idea that just vinegar and the dye tablets were all you needed. It never seemed deep enough to cover the egg so I always added water. This time Kaleb suggested that we try it without the water. Eventhough it was too shallow to cover the egg all we had to do was use the wire holder to move the egg around until it had color all on it. It took much much less time to get the right color - they were so nice and bright. It did, however, turn Benjamin's hands green...for days! I love dying eggs. I boiled 4 dozen just for us. Love it!

No comments: