I read this great lesson online for teaching primary and secondary colors to the primary grades. It said to put three squirts of shaving cream in a paper plate then add tempera paint to it. You have the children mix the paint with the cream to create three primary colors. They then mix the primary colors to make the secondary colors. Well, I said to myself "plates smates - who needs plates when you've got these great washable tables"....BAD MOVE. You see, I see over 300 kids every day. In the lower grades (k-2) half of the kids go to PE for 25 minutes and half to me then we switch. There is no transition time in between switching. And there is no transition time between classes - while 2nd grade is leaving, first grade is coming in. Now, translated this means if your tables are COVERED IN SHAVING CREAM you have NO TIME to clean them before the next crowd of little ones comes in. I am telling you I wanted to cry by the time the last group of kids came through. And by then I had started using paper plates. I did not think I would EVER get that mess of my tables. In the future I will follow lessons as they are written, knowing there is a reason for every step!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment