Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Benjamin's 6th bday







My baby is 6! How can that be? It was just yesterday that he couldn't say "Kaleb" and started the name "Tub" which has stuck all these years. Wasn't just potty training him and rocking him during the night? We've had quite a journey with this little one and to say he is our miracle is an understatement. I look at him and listen to him sound out words and I think "Is this the boy diagnosed with autism?" "Is this the boy who screamed for hours on end and did not speak?" Oh, God is so good to me. He is good indeed. And all my life I will have my feisty Benjamin to remind me that my Savior loves me so very much and always gives me more than I could ask or imagine.
Now, onto the bday. Benjamin decided he wanted a carnival party. I had started making big plans for a carnival complete with sno cones, cotton candy, popcorn, and carnival games. We'd have a horse and a face painter and carnival prizes. Then Benjamin went to a party at Gym Fit. Gym Fit is a gymnastics center that rents out on Sunday afternoons. They have trampolines and a rock wall and big blow up equipment. So before I could buy any carnival stuff Benjamin makes a big change - he wants to go to Gym Fit. So, only because I was swamped and exhausted from all the programs at school did I jump at the chance to have a stress free party. I told him I thought it was a great idea and I put down a deposit before he could change his mind.
The kids had a blast and the adults had fun too. I even jumped on a trampoline or two myself!

No comments: