Friday, January 9, 2009
Patriotic Ponderings
As music teacher I am responsible for putting together 6 student performances ... all before December! Yes, you read that right - all 6 of them before December! We have to do the TAKS grades first so that means 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades go first. We start with 5th grade. The 5th graders did an excellent job performing "Patriotic Ponderings". It consisted of 7 songs, The PreAmble to the Constitution, and John Wayne's "America, Why I Love Her". I was so proud of the students. They only had a few weeks to learn all the songs. They all wore red, white, and blue hats. The Founding Fathers dressed the part (knickers and all) and John Wayne, well, he was a tough looking as the real John Wayne. Again, once I figure the photos out I'll post one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment