For part of the boys Christmas I gave them an envelope with a card that I made on the computer. It says "Extreme Makeover - Mom Edition....coming to a room near you!" I told the boys that I was going to redo their rooms. They are going to go to my parents house one weekend while Rusty and I spend the weekend getting their rooms ready. We are tearing down walls and painting and buying furniture and linens! It's gonna be so fun. The best part is that the boys have no idea what their new room is going to look like. I haven't told any of them what I'm going to do - as in they don't even know what the theme is going to be. I can't wait!!
Sooo in preparation for the makeover I started cleaning out attics. In the two upstairs rooms there are 2 small attic spaces. The ones in Matthew's room have Christmas decorations and the air conditioning unit. The ones in Kaleb's room have sporting equipment and teacher stuff from when I taught first grade. The plan is to clear these out so we can make a nook for them or another closet. I started on the Christmas closet - got it done then moved on the one of the two huge attics. On either side of our house we have a huge (way bigger than a bedroom) walk in attic. Great for storing stuff but a pain to keep organized. Well, in order to put the Christmas stuff in there I had to first get it organized and cleaned out. We decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff. Rusty rented a storage building for a month so I'd have a place to put all of it. I finished the one side of the attic, finished the Christmas closet, am finished with my half of the other big attic (the rest is Rusty's tools and stuff), and am almost finished with the sporting equipment. Are you ready....the storage building a full! And we have 8 boxes in our entry way!!!
About mid way through some friends of mine decided we should take a girls' trip to Utah to go snow mobiling and stuff. They suggested I have a garage sale to help pay for the trip. That motivated me to really get rid of some stuff. We are planning a sale in a couple of weeks. I still have a lot to do to get ready (haven't priced a thing) but boy does it feel great to have so much stuff gone. And I'm going to get rid of bedding and furniture and decorations from the boys rooms to get ready for the makeover next month! Woo Hoo! I'm on a roll!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment