Well, for Halloween this year Kaleb was a 1920s gangster - super cute!!! And Benjamin was an FBI agent - precious! So we bought Benjamin the Darth Vader costume - he loves Star Wars even though he's never even seen it. They have a Star Wars lego game for the Wii so I guess that's why he likes it. Anyway, Halloween fell on a Friday and the school had "Career dress up day". I asked Benjamin what he wanted to dress as. He said an "FBI agent" - oh really - well let me just pull out my FBI agent costume! So I start thinking and his costume was just too darn cute. I made him a badge and he had shiny sun glasses on. And I told him to flash his badge all day and say to the teachers "It's alright Ma'am, I'm with the FBI." Of course he hammed it up which made it way funnier. Kaleb went to school as a major league baseball player (which he thinks he will be one day). After school I told the boys to get their costumes on so we could go trick or treating. Benjamin had way too much fun being the FBI agent so he forgot Darth Vader and kept the FBI agent (which I was happy about). Anyway - we get ready to go trick or treating and Matthew says "Um, momma, I really think I'm too old to go trick or treating." Oh really! Oh no you're not. I said, "Matthew - had you told me last year that it would be the last time you'd trick or treat I would have been prepared for this year. I would have had my time to be sad that you are growing up. But you didn't give me warning so you have to go." To which he replies "Seriously, you're gonna MAKE me go trick or treating." You betcha! He thought I had lost my mind. So I told him that I was sentimental and was having a hard time with him being in junior high and if he would please go one last time I would take them to Longview so no one would see him and I would let him dress scary (something we argue about every year). I told him he could be Frankenstein. He had always wanted to be Frankenstein. And I reminded him that Mrs.Lori had a Frankenstein mask so no one would see his face. He felt sorry for his obviously unstable mother and agreed to go one last time. So we get to Longview and Kaleb and Benjamin work out this thing - Kaleb goes up to the door and holds out his toy Tommy gun and says "Give me all your candy and no one gets hurt." Then up walks Benjamin, FBI badge out and he says "It's okay Ma'am, I'm with the FBI." To say they were a hit in an understatement. The people just cracked up. All three boys had a great time and I have one more memory of trick or treating with Matthew...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment