Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Cruise











So Rusty and I win this cruise, well, not really win, it was one of those if you come see our time share we'll give you a cruise things. Anyway - of course we have to go in December - what other time would they send you for free! It was a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. We were so pumped! We had not been anywhere by ourselves since we had kids. Well, we went to California when Matthew was 2 but that's it. Anyway...about 2 weeks before the trip Matthew gets a mean stomach virus. He misses some school and we think all is well. It's wasn't. Kaleb gets the virus BAD (bad as in threw up over 20 times - so so sick)...Benjamin gets it....Kaleb gets it AGAIN... Rusty gets it...Matthew gets it AGAIN (Yes you are reading this correctly). It was days and days of throw up and other stuff you don't wanna know about. So one day I throw up once. I'm thinking "Wow, I got off easy". We were so nervous about going on the trip b/c Matthew wasn't really feeling up to normal and neither was Rusty. We were to leave on Thursday and as of Wednesday neither Rusty nor Matthew had even kept down any soup. We didn't know what to do. We decided to go ahead and go and pray for the best. We so wanted a few days by ourselves. And it was FREE! Well, we get on the ship on Thursday and all is well. We're excited. Rusty's still not up to par but he's feeling much better. Friday at about 5 am I rush the bathroom (the very small bathroom) and start throwing up! It was terrible! I threw up all day Friday then was miserable the rest of the time. And the ship was moving so much (rough seas). It was a combination virus/sea sick. Thankfully we brought some of the Zophran with us so I had meds. And just FYI - there are no crackers or Gatorade on a cruise ship. I felt a tiny bit better by Sunday night so we ate in the dining room but I just had a baked potato. No lobster or steak or scallops - no watching the great shows or shopping - and no snorkeling in Cozumel! Can you believe it! And I won't be going back. I'm done with cruise ships!

No comments: