Friday, January 9, 2009

Student Council Elections!

So in addition to teaching Art and Music I am the Elementary Student Council sponsor. Student Council has officers and class representatives. 5th graders can run for anything. 4th grade can run for anything but president. 3rd graders can only run for class representatives. Kaleb is now in 3rd grade so he wanted to run for class rep. We came up with a funny speech. Matthew did one similar when he was in 3rd grade and won so we tried it again. As he did his speech he held up candy bars to match what he said. Here's the speech:

My name is Kaleb. While I give my speech you might SNICKER if I drop my paper because I have BUTTERFINGERS. It would give me great JOY and MOUNDS of excitement if you would TAKE FIVE seconds to vote for me. It's getting down to CRUNCH time so don't be a ZERO. Be a SMARTIE and vote for me!

It was precious. He did it perfectly and it paid off b/c he won! I was so excited b/c doing Student Council will be much more fun b/c I'll be doing it with my own son.

Now, onto the next big thing...

No comments: